At United Electronics Group (UEG), we repair consumer electronics, including iPhones, iPods, tablets, cameras and Macs. We see hundreds of devices arrive through our shipping doors and onto our tech repair floor each day. As repair professionals, we at UEG are witness to the enormous advantages of repair. As with any comparison, however, the pros and cons are evident. Read on for what we consider to be the benefits of repair:
- Your unit has only minor damage that can be easily and economically repaired
- You have grown comfortable with the features and functionalities of your device and do not want to learn new ones
- You have a good quality device and do not want to spend the money it would cost to replace the unit
- The cost of replacing the device does not include purchasing new accessories (if needed)
- You have a significant investment in accessories that might not be compatible with a new unit
- You are concerned with the environmental impact of disposing your old unit when you could repair it
We’d like to hear if you have your own experiences with the benefits of repairing your device. Please comment!